ABOUT MUSICATION ADVENTURE
What is Musication Adventure
Musication provides the music education that your child is missing. It is a music education curriculum designed to challenge, engage, and foster creativity to cultivate your child’s unique gifts and academic interests. And most importantly, have fun while learning!
Series 1 Music Appreciation through Storytelling is composed in 2 units; each unit covers an average school semester. Unit 1 The Orchestra is comprised of 19 lessons and focuses on the sounds around us and the voices of the many different instruments in their families, including the stories they tell.
Unit 2 Composers and Their Musical Stories is also comprised of 19 lessons and focuses on 7 major classical composers, their personal stories, and the stories of their musical compositions. Unit 2 is written for students of all ages, upper elementary through adulthood, and is approved as a music elective in high school.
Series 2 American History through Music is coming soon!
Meet Cindy McKain
Hi! I am Cindy McKain, CEO and founder of Musication. I am passionate about music-ever since I was that little kindergartner begging for a piano. Music has always brought joy to my life because it is so up lifting. The melodies and rhythms not only energize, but express every emotion you can experience. The joy of music draws people together, whether singing around a piano or enjoying a favorite band at a concert. A treasured memory of mine while a student in elementary school was listening to exciting stories about musical composers and their cherished masterpieces from a recording piped into my classroom. To share this same excitement with others would become my life’s work.
As a music educator equipped with a Bachelor’s degree in music education and a Master’s degree in curriculum and instruction, I set out to share my love and enthusiasm for music with the next generation. For the past 25 years I taught general music and chorus to public elementary school students. I am a 2-time Teacher-of-the-Year award winner and recipient of the certificate for Outstanding Performance in the Classroom from the South Carolina Education Association.
Your child’s music education is most important to me. I desire to share with your family this same joy and excitement that I shared with my own children and students over the past 25 years. Discover the difference that the adventure of Musication can bring to your child’s life!
Education & Certifications
- Lesley University, Cambridge, Mass., Beaufort, SC. 2009-2011
Master of Education, Curriculum and Instruction
- College of Charleston and USC-Beaufort, Beaufort, SC 1978, 1994
Earned 18 hours towards Master of Education
- Converse College, Spartanburg, SC. 1973-1977
Bachelor of Music Education, Choral
- Teacher-of-the-Year, awarded 2014-15 school year and 2005-6 school year
- Certificate for Excellence for Outstanding Performance in the Classroom presented by the president of The South Carolina Education Association, May 2014
- Recognition letter from the BCSD (Beaufort County School District) School Board for “continued inspirational invocations”, May 2009
- Letters from BCSD (Beaufort County School District) superintendent and the chair of the BCSD Board of Ed. for the standing ovation received for the choral performance Oct. 2006
- Co-chaired the BCSD elementary recorder performance at Harbour Town, Hilton Head Island, Nov. 2006